Wellion LUNA uric acid test strips
To measure uric acid (with just one drop of blood)
Uric acid is an end product of the protein metabolism and is consumed as a food component mainly with meat. At higher concentrations , crystals can form in the joints and cause inflammation – this is called a gout attack, which can be very painful.
Measuring uric acid
In the event of increased uric acid levels, it is recommended to take a measurement once a day with the Wellion LUNA Trio (a drop of blood is sufficient) in order to be able to assess the success of a change in food or drug therapy.
- The normal range for a healthy man: 3.4-7.0 mg / dL (0.2-0.42 mmol / L)
- The normal range for a healthy woman: 2.4-6.0 mg / dL (0.14-0.36 mmol / L)
(The range is for reference only.)
A Wellion LUNA test strip is a high-tech product. The test strip consists of different layers into which electrodes are incorporated in a complex process. This measurement generates electricity, which is converted into a corresponding uric acid value by the measuring device and shown on the display.
AUTO CODING technology makes it easier to use when measuring uric acid.
We made a conscious decision to produce the Wellion LUNA test strips in a handy size, which makes inserting them into the device very easy and safe. The end at which blood is sucked into the reaction zone of the strip with the help of Sip-in technology is far enough away from the measuring device due to the dimensions of the strip to prevent contamination with blood.
The Wellion LUNA UA uric acid test strips are used together with the Wellion LUNA measuring device to measure the concentration of uric acid in the capillary blood from the fingertips.
With the Wellion LUNA measuring device and the appropriate Wellion LUNA uric acid test strips, you can determine the uric acid level comfortably at home. The measurement at home cannot replace the family doctor, but should make the success of a drug therapy and your meal change visible in a motivating way, especially in addition to the regular check-ups.
- Take the Wellion LUNA uric acid test strip out of the test strip container. Insert the test strip into the meter to turn it on. On the display you will see the “UA” symbol, the flashing blood drop symbol and the test strip symbol.
- Press the finger pricker (with a fresh lancet ) on the side of your fingertip and press the release button to pierce and collect the drop of blood.
- Now hold the tip of the test strip into the blood sample at a slight angle. The test strip sucks in the blood like a straw. The measuring device informs you with a beep when there is enough blood for the measurement. The display will show the countdown and after 15 seconds the measurement result will be shown on the display.
- Do not use expired test strips. Check the expiration date printed on the test strip vial and packaging.
- Close the test strip container IMMEDIATELY after removing a test strip to protect the remaining test strips from humidity.
- Use the test strip immediately after removing it from the jar.
- Do not use test strips that are wet or damaged.
- Avoid direct sunlight and heat. Store the test strips in a dry, cool environment (not in the bathroom).
- Dispose of the used test strip and the used lancet immediately after the measurement.
Packaging unit : 10 pieces