Wellion GALILEO blood sugar test strips
A reliable blood sugar level with just a small drop of blood
The handy Wellion GALILEO blood sugar test strips are used with the Wellion GALILEO measuring devices ( Wellion GALILEO GLU / KET , Wellion GALILEO GLU / CHOL and Wellion GALILEO Compact ) to measure the blood sugar level in fresh capillary whole blood from the fingertip.
The Wellion GALILEO measuring devices are perfect for measurements at home and for use by specialist staff. We made a conscious decision to produce the Wellion test strips in a handy size, which means that they can be removed from the jar and inserted into the device very easily and safely. The end at which blood is sucked into the reaction zone of the strip with the help of Sip-in technology is far enough away from the measuring device due to the dimensions of the strip to prevent contamination with blood.
- Take a Wellion GALILEO blood sugar test strip out of the test strip container and close it again immediately. Insert the test strip into the meter to turn it on. On the display you will see the “Glu” symbol, the flashing blood drop symbol and the test strip symbol.
- Press the finger pricker (with a fresh lancet ) on the side of your fingertip and press the release button to pierce and collect the drop of blood.
- Now hold the tip of the test strip into the blood sample at a slight angle. The test strip sucks in the blood like a straw. The measuring device informs you with a beep when there is enough blood for the measurement. The display will show the countdown and after 5 seconds the measurement result will be shown on the display.
- Do not use expired test strips. Check the expiration date printed on the test strip vial and packaging.
- Close the test strip container IMMEDIATELY after removing a test strip to protect the remaining test strips from humidity.
- Use test strips immediately after removing them from the jar.
- Do not use test strips that are wet or damaged.
- Avoid direct sunlight and heat. Store the test strips in a dry, cool environment (not in the bathroom).
- Write the opening date on the label of the test strip container. Discard the remaining test strips 6 months after first opening.
- Dispose of the used test strip and the used lancet immediately after the measurement.
- You can find the order form for blood sugar test strips & lancets here
A Wellion blood sugar test strip is a high-tech product. The test strip consists of different layers into which electrodes are incorporated in a complex process, while a biological substrate is applied in a precision process in the reaction zone. Glucose oxidase is an enzyme that reacts very specifically with glucose in the blood. This reaction generates electricity, which is converted into a corresponding blood sugar value by the measuring device and shown on the display.
The Wellion blood sugar test strips are equipped with NO CODE technology – which guarantees you extra security.