Wellion CALLA Blood Sugar Test Strips
A reliable blood glucose reading from just one drop of blood
The practical Wellion CALLA blood sugar test strips are used with the Wellion CALLA measuring devices ( Wellion CALLA Light , Wellion CALLA Classic , Wellion CALLA Dialog and Wellion CALLA Mini ) to measure the blood sugar level in fresh capillary whole blood.
The Wellion CALLA measuring devices are perfect for measurements at home and for use by specialist staff.
- Take a Wellion CALLA blood sugar test strip out of the test strip container and close it again immediately. Insert the test strip into the meter to turn it on. On the display you will see the flashing blood drop icon and the test strip icon.
- Press the finger pricker (with a fresh lancet ) on the side of your fingertip and press the release button to pierce and collect the drop of blood.
- Now hold the tip of the test strip into the blood sample at a slight angle. The test strip sucks in the blood like a straw. The measuring device informs you with a beep when there is enough blood for the measurement. The display shows the countdown and after a few seconds the measurement result is shown on the display.
- Do not use expired test strips. Check the expiration date printed on the test strip vial and packaging.
- Close the test strip container IMMEDIATELY after removing a test strip to protect the remaining test strips from humidity.
- Use test strips immediately after removing them from the jar.
- Do not use test strips that are wet or damaged.
- Avoid direct sunlight and heat. Store the test strips in a dry, cool environment (not in the bathroom).
- Write the opening date on the label of the test strip container. Discard the remaining test strips 6 months after first opening.
- Dispose of the used test strip and the used lancet immediately after the measurement.
- Packaging units: 50 pieces
A Wellion blood sugar test strip is a high-tech product. The test strip consists of different layers into which electrodes are incorporated in a complex process, while a biological substrate – glucose oxidase – is applied in a precise process in the reaction zone. Glucose oxidase is an enzyme that reacts very specifically with glucose in the blood. This reaction generates electricity, which is converted into a corresponding blood sugar value by the measuring device and shown on the display.
(All brands mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The lack of a trademark reference does not mean that the brand is not protected.)