Drugs for oral cavity
Antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, analgesic & local anesthetic for the mouth and throat
Each 100 ml solution contains:
- Benzocaine:1.5 gm.
- Benzydamine hydrochloride:0.15 gm.
- Cetalkonium chloride:0.0413 gm.
B.B.C.® has multiple actions as an analgesic, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and local anesthetic.
- Benzocaine acts as a very potent local anesthetic (surface anesthetic ).
- Benzydamine hydrochloride in concentration of 0.15% has a potent analgesic and anti-inflammatory activities.
- Cetalkonium chloride has a wide spectrum of bactericidal action beside its antifungal activity. Generally, it has antiseptic and antimicrobial actions.
Indications And Usage:
B.B.C.® mouth and throat spray is used to relieve pain and inflammation in the following cases:
- Dental disorders, e.g. gingivitis
- Pre-and postdental surgery
- Sore throat
- Pharyngitis and tonsillitis
- Dyspeptic ulcers
- Inflammatory conditions of the mouth and throat
- Minor infections of the mouth and throat
- B.B.C.® is also used as a mouth refresher and routine antiseptic.
Dosage & Administration:
- 1-2 applications 3-4 times daily or as required.
- Atomizer cans of 25 ml.
- Avoid spraying into the eyes. Not advisable in extremes of age as it may affect swallowing.